Friday night, 7:34 p.m. You know what that means. Ring, ring! Hick answered.
"Yes. This is Hick. Yes. We'll get to it. There's so much that needs doing. It won't happen immediately, but we'll get it done. Uh huh. No, we can't spray. We'll get it figured out. We're working on it. I'll talk to you Monday. That's okay. I'll talk to you then. Bye."
"Who was THAT?"
"It was my lady who likes to drink..."
"Of course it was! It's FRIDAY! They always have to call you on a Friday. What's wrong now?"
"She's been drinking. She always drinks on the weekends. She wants her apartment painted."
"Did she think you'd drive over there right now and do it?"
"I don't know what she thinks. I've already talked to her about it. She sent me two texts tonight, and I answered them. Then she called."
"What's wrong with her apartment?"
"Nothing that I know of. She keeps saying a wall just needs to be touched up. Then she said she needed a ladder, because she can't reach up by the ceiling. I told her I wasn't givin' her no ladder."
"Can she paint it herself?"
"No! She cain't barely even walk! Her cleaning lady was gonna do the painting for her. I'll have to take a look at it and see what she thinks is wrong."
I guess Hick's Harem think they should be living in the Taj Mahal.
No comments:
Post a Comment