Friday, April 17, 2020

Nothing But TIme

Sitting around doing nothing for two weeks, Val has been lucky not to go the way of the cat, due to her curiosity. Too much TV in the background while checking the innernets on HIPPIE every morning. I glance up, not really paying attention, during the brief bouts of cable news between commercials.

Until the past few days, it seems that every person being interviewed from home had a BOOKCASE behind them! I guess that's to show you they are an authority on their subject matter. It got to the point where I wondered whether they were actually at home, or in a studio, with interchangeable bookshelves, and a vast library of books. Lucky for me, I had already taken these living-room pictures off my dear departed Nexy before his demise.

This first dude is a regular expert on FOX. A doctor. Not anything particularly interesting about him, until I noticed the book that he had propped up in the background. Do you guys do that? With your own personal bookshelves that you would position yourself in front of for a TV interview? Do you set one book up all special, to show the title? I don't. Mine are piled all willy-nilly on top of the shelved books. The overflow.

This was way back on April 2nd. I don't know who that's a photo of, but that propped-up book title is "FALSE ALARM." Not sure if this falls into the category of IRONY. In more recent interviews with this doc, I haven't seen that book. In fact, I think we only see the shelf with that globe lamp thingy. I wish I could read those book titles in the stack, but when I took the picture I was only comparing bookcases, not intending to become a forensic photographer.

I didn't get a picture in time of the representative for the airline stewardesses, talking about how they're either out of work, or in danger because of no face masks. She had a book on her shelf about labor unions! Uh huh. A sure signal not to mess with her!

This gal below on MSNBC has a modest bookcase. I suppose she's not a very established authority on the subject she was experting. She was like Authority Lite. I only snapped her for another bookcase example. And because she looks like one of Ron Howard's two daughters, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Jessica Chastain. (Oh, come on! Like you don't see more of a resemblance with Jessica and Ron than with Bryce!)

I guess Ron's third (alleged) daughter has that phone on her bookcase because she is discussing the confusion of applicants CALLING about their small business loans! I'm tellin' ya, these TV people are all about mind games. Like Sheriff Joe Arpaio making his inmates wear pink undies! Mind games!

The next interviewee didn't have a bookcase! Like people who are so poor they don't have a pot to pee in. If she didn't have a bookcase because she was poor, I know what she spent her money on. EYELASHES!

Seriously! If I was a doctor on the front lines, being interviewed from an exam room, with my stethoscope draped at a jaunty angle around my neck, I'd be sure to put on a tight-necked sweatshirt that's the color of hospital scrubs, and glue on my longest, bushiest fake eyelashes! Because of course they won't act as a fluffy magnet to pick up any VIRUS droplets.

And furthermore, I would not just rely on that stethoscope to prove I was a doctor. I'd have a pocket protector filled with assorted scalpels, and maybe some tongue depressors, and a monogrammed pen that was a gift for graduating from medical school, to use for scribbling out prescriptions.

Anyhoo...it's a good thing I don't spend too long in front of the TV. I'm better off in my dark basement lair.

6 comments:

  1. You and Catalyst think alike.

    If I post any pictures, there will be a Kindle in the background and you all can guess what's in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have some "oddball observations."

      Let the record show that my defense team, in the event of a plagiarism lawsuit to steal my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, will show the time stamps on my inspirational bookcase-themed photos as April 2 and April 5, well before the date of his blog post April 14! Gotta cover my ample rumpus...

      Delete
  2. In my previous homes, I'd have a hard time finding a photographic background that DIDN'T contain a bookshelf! I had them everywhere and all crammed with books. Then I had to downsize and get rid of six of them just to be able to fit myself in here. since then of course I've got rid of other stuff and made room for a few bookshelves, but there aren't any in my living room. That space is filled with dvd shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was a technowizard giving an interview while seated in front of New Delly in my lair, you would see white floor-to-ceiling bookshelves along the back wall, built by Hick. They are cram-packed with books, mostly fiction or biography, no "experty" reference books.

      My living room has one bookcase, waist high, with some college texts and a hardback "THE STAND" that weighs about 50 lbs. Hick put the books on there when we moved in, based on how "pretty" they looked!

      Delete
  3. I have the urge to call Gail King and tell her to straighten the photo frame behind her head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think she has someone to take care of details like that! In case she doesn't, send her a resume and offer your services.

      Delete