Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Another Paranormal Pony Tale

Easter Sunday started with a text from The Pony.

"I have a dry cough that started last night. Not entirely sure if it's being sick, or just from me having a window open during a storm. This one wasn't opened much, so I think there was a lot of weird dirt and mildew somewhere in the frame."

"Might be allergies."

"Yeah. There's also a scratch on the outside of my window."

"Weird."

"It wasn't there before. It shouldn't be there, since there's an intact screen on the outside."

"You know my feelings on this!"

"It's either a scratch or a crack on one side! Either way should not be there on the window I opened for the first time in 3 years and fell asleep with it open."

"Yes. It shouldn't be there."

I even mentioned this to Hick, adding that when he moves out, The Pony will probably be charged for a cracked window! Anyhoo...at 11:11 p.m. Sunday night, I heard from The Pony again. He's noticed that time for the last two nights, and sent me a text.

"11:11 again! With my phone at 11%."

"Yes. I would have missed it. I was writing about you for my supersecret blog."

"Remember that crack/scratch in the window I mentioned?"

"Yes..."

"I just heard something knock on it while I was looking out, with nothing there. It's now a much longer scratch."

"Yikes! Maybe it was just the cracking. Or maybe someone tossing pebbles from the ground."

"Again, there's a screen."

"Maybe something is trying to get OUT!"

"The marks are on the outside of the window before the screen."

"You know my solution."

"Close the shades and ignore it?"

"Stop messing with Ouija and that music."

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS CREEPY...

That message did not go through. Underneath it, on my new used iPhone 8, were red letters saying Not Delivered. And a red exclamation mark in a circle.

"Don't know why my phone didn't deliver that message. I'll try again."
AGAIN: Not Delivered. Red exclamation.

"Stop messing with Ouija and that music."
AGAIN: Not Delivered. Red exclamation.

"?"

"That's my solution."
AGAIN: Not delivered. Red exclamation.

"My phone isn't sending." 

Flash to Monday at 9:07 a.m. The Pony texted again.

"It was 70 yesterday. We're supposed to get snow tonight."

"That's ridiculous!"

"Not anything that will stick, but it says to expect some snow showers overnight."

"Did you ever get my message last night?"

"Not sure? The last one I got last night from you is, ironically, "my phone isn't sending."

"TWICE I tried to send my advice about your window! Stop messing with Ouija and that music. Both times it said "Not Delivered." SOMETHING didn't want you getting that advice!"

"That's like telling YOU to stop messing with your conspiracies!"

"Yet your phone delivered THAT message!"

"Your conspiracies clearly don't want you to keep looking into them!"

"Heh, heh."

Good one, Pony. Ya got me.

12 comments:

  1. Pony needs to write scary novels. Also weather can make glass crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony put his window open when he was writing. He does fantasy/science fiction. He IS on the 3rd floor, in Oklahoma. So I'm sure the wind has come whistling at that window a few times. One year, he had to get out of the apartment complex hot tub to take shelter for a tornado warning!

      Delete
  2. Obviously the scratch came from...just a minute, I hear weird music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony might have been playing his weird music when that scratch happened! I can hardly deal with it when I ride with him on a 5-hour trip.

      Delete
  3. Maybe it was an insane crow or a badger? Not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not a badger on the third floor of a brick building! That really would be insane!

      Delete
  4. try sending that message again. Then you'll know for sure if you are being blocked by a real "force."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it twice that night, with no success. But the next morning (daylight!) it went through.

      Delete
  5. Gotcha, Val. Hahahahahahahaheeeheeeheeeheee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was an actual gotcha. The other one, no.

      Delete
  6. I get my black exclamation mark in a red triangle and it always means I forgot to recharge with the prepaid voucher. It's possible the window isn't used to being opened and now the cold is cracking the glass, if by opening the glass was dislodged even a fraction within the frame. Tell The Pony to put a sticker over the crack so it can't be seen, then he can't be charged for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the only texts that didn't go. Fine the next day. Weird.

      The Pony DID say that he hadn't opened this window before. So maybe he didn't notice a crack starting. The temps were going from 70s to snow. That makes a car windshield extend a chip or crack.

      I don't know how thorough a move-out inspection will be, with all that's going on these days. He has until the 10th of May, I think.

      Delete