Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Pony Recants

Remember that cracked window in The Pony's campus apartment? I brought up the subject as we were discussing his checkout procedure. Which seems to be dropping off the key at a designated time, and gettin' the heck out of Dodge. His OU email said that care has been taken so that residents don't have to have personal contact with anyone else.

Heh, heh. Which means the inspection will be after The Pony is long gone. Probably to his detriment, rather than his benefit. Perhaps I'm cynical, but I've never known any property manager to err on the side of the tenant. Might as well leave your burnt-on oven spills, and crumby carpet, because they always say they're keeping your deposit for a CLEANING FEE.

Anyhoo...I mentioned that he'd probably get charged for the cracked window.

"Oh. I looked at it again, and it's not so much of a crack. A scratch, maybe. Or it could be a bug's trail."

"WHAT? After all that drama? Next you'll be telling me it's a hair, and it fell off."

"I haven't looked at it that close. I could be."

I swear! If The Pony gets me in trouble for violating the Truth in Blogging Law, he's going to pay my fine!

11 comments:

  1. Or...dum dum dum, it mysteriously healed itself!

    My first apartment I snuck out and moved out in the middle of the night. A previous tenant warned me that I would never get my deposit back so I did not pay the last 2 months "The check is in the mail" and skedaddled without leaving a forwarding address. These days around here anyway, the deposit is in escrow and landlords can't screw you quite as easily, but I'm sure they have their ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That reminds me, I need to make sure he doesn't bring that Ouija board into my house! It will have to stay in one of Hick's themed sheds, or in the BARn. Enclosed in a Rubbermaid storage tub, so the squirrels don't eat it.

      The middle of the night is a bit cheeky, but I commend you for outsmarting a crooked landlord.

      That reminds me of a landlord story. If I remember, I'll get to it when Hick is behaving himself, and The Pony isn't paranormal-ing.

      Delete
    2. Because you appreciate my titles, I must tell you of the scathingly brilliant one I thought of too late. I won't say where I was when I thought of it, in case I want to become one of those bloggers who only tells the SPARKLY parts of my life, as River says below.

      Anyhoo... the title I could have used for the original story of The Pony's mysterious window crack is:

      "He Could See Paranormal on the Past-Bored Night."

      Of course, you have to be a classic Meat Loaf fan to get it...

      Delete
  2. Oh well he keeps your excitement going. Is he home now for a while? Grad school? Work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony will be home next week, and will be job-searching from here. Probably with Hick breathing down his neck. Tough times to be starting a career.

      We'd asked him about grad school, but he would have needed extra classes last year to pursue that. He was content with not overdoing his course load. Apparently, chemical engineering is not a walk in the park!

      Delete
  3. Don't be worrying about any truth-in-blogging fine, people lie on blogs all the time. Well, maybe not outright lies, but they do dandy up things a little, add a little varnish here and there, to make their lives seem a bit more sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Can you IMAGINE my life, if this is the BEST stuff that I'm revealing?

      Delete