Saturday, October 12, 2019

Ch Ch CHANGE's Here For Me

I want to be a richer Val...

SATURDAY, October 5, less than an hour after my Saturday CENTsus hit the innernets bemoaning a lack of coins for my Future Pennyillionaire fortune...I found a penny.


I remember it like it was last Saturday. Oh. It WAS. Right there on the floor of The Gas Station Chicken Store. Me wearing a pair of The Pony's old shoes, because I could.


It was a 2019, all shiny and face-down, reflecting artsy-fartsy-ly off the trim of the counter. Looks like the owners have put their two new clerks to work, spiffing up the place.
____________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, October 8, I discovered a DIME at Orb K. Sorry, no picture of it in its natural habitat. I had to hold my place in line, fervently hoping that somebody didn't walk over to look at the scratchers display and take my rightful dime! By the time I had my scratchers, I didn't have a hand free for photography. I didn't want to hold those scratchers in my mouth. And I didn't want to stuff them in an armpit. So I just snatched my dime and shuffled on out of there. Besides, does anybody really regret not seeing the unclean floor of Orb K this week? I think not.


There it is at home, though. Posing on the kitchen counter. A 2006, which I'd noted was face-down when I picked it up. Not a bad showing this week, scooping up 11 cents.
__________________________________________________________________

Stopping the presses to add a late addition:


This 1975 penny was found face-down at the Backroads Casey's, at 1:53 p.m. on SATURDAY, October 12. I was unable to get a picture in the wild, as it was deep under the gum rack, and I had a close-waiter blocking me from backing up to get a shot. The close-waiter is probably scheduling a therapy appointment, after her exposure to my ample rumpus, as I scooted this penny out with the floppy toe of The Pony's old shoe, and picked it up. Here he is, chilling in the autumn sun on T-Hoe's console.

That makes it a 12-cent week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire fortune.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 104, 105.
Dime      # 18. (surpasses last year's dime total)
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
__________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Have you thought about what you are going to do when you reach that millionaire status? At this rate it won't be long, at 4% interest compounded...maybe a couple of hundred years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I need to make a list. I don't want to spend it all in one place!

      Delete
  2. 12 cents is a decent haul for a week. Much better than my week where I found zero cents and no dollars either. Maybe you'll start finding more dimes, this is about the third one this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my 18th dime this year. I seem to be finding them frequently over the past few months. Too bad you were shut out. Maybe your coin-finding slump will end soon.

      Delete
  3. Good for you!! I entered the laundry room with trepidation, as I saw that the trash can was over-flowing. Someone brings their laundry up in big black trash bags and then they stuff them into the trash can. I decided to use the bag on top to stuff all the crap falling on the floor into it. When I tugged at it, some wet discarded clothing fell our, along with two pennies! I thought of you, of course. Though tempted, I did not shake all of the trash onto the floor to search for more coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are braver than me! No trash can pennies can tempt Val! Not even a sure thing.

      Delete