Wednesday, March 29, 2017

If Only Hick Loved Me as Much as Puppy Jack

More on the texting front from Overseas Hick.

My phone is trying to screen his calls, I guess. This afternoon, it put itself in airplane mode. When I discovered that glitch and took 10 minutes to figure out how to put it back to normal, I found this:

I'm home I miss you

Are you there I'm going to go to bed soon

I hope you're alright you can text but I'm going to lay down I love you

Oh, on the surface, it looks like a loving husband, lonely and missing his soulmate, concerned about her well-being. Look a little deeper, and you're realize that Hick WENT TO SLEEP right after that. Sure. Cut him some slack. He's on the job. The time is different over in Sweden. But what you don't know is what happened yesterday.

"I'm back was great time"

"That's good."

"How was your day"

"OK. Eating chicken. Won 70 on lottery."

"OK going to bed will talk in morning love you"

"OK. Love you. Jack has been missing all day."

"Probably at HOS's"

"Copper the neighbor dog is not around either. Just Juno."

"That dog goes to HOS's also"

"OK."

"HOS is going to look for him"

Did you catch that? HICK took time to text HOS and tell him to look for Jack! Yet when he couldn't reach ME, he just went to his shower-bed! Let the record show that no search party showed up to pound on my door to see if I was all right! And I didn't hear anybody yelling, "VAL...VAAA-AAL...come and get your snack, Val! AND I'm pretty sure nobody was poking under the Little Barbershop of Horrors with a stick, just in case I was under there foaming at the mouth and shaking.

I'm not sure what time the text originally came in. When I got back from town around 11:45, it DID look like somebody had driven through the grass beside the driveway. Either some robbers stopped by who drive recklessly...or HOS came down on the 4-wheeler looking for me while I was gone.

Maybe Hick really DOES love me as much as he loves Puppy Jack...

****************************************
Jack turned up back home in time for his evening snack. I assume that's all most of you care about, you know. Not whether I have enough gas station chicken on hand to tide me over until tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. Well, yes, I was worried about Puppy Jack...don't do that to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I gave the update! Didn't want to leave you hangin'.

      Delete
  2. Well it's your fault for making us love Puppy Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take full responsibility. I was SO worried about him! I figured everyone else might as well worry with me.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure Hick loves you and so happy Puppy Jack returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in spite of my shenanigans, I know Hick loves me. He just doesn't show me as much as he shows me he cares about Puppy Jack. But MAYBE he was only having HOS check on Puppy Jack because he loves ME, and didn't want me to worry.

      Yeah. That's kind of overreaching for something Hick might do.

      Delete
    2. Would you like Hick to scratch your belly?

      Delete
    3. NO! I wouldn't like him to run over me with one tire of the Gator, either.

      Delete
  4. Puppy Jack. The rapscallion (spelling) we all love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppy Jack is a livewire. He always looks sorry, though, after his transgressions. I have an example coming up in a few days.

      Delete
  5. Of COURSE we care about you too Val - after all, if something happens to you who is going to tell us Puppy Jack is ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see how it is! You're all just using me to get your Puppy Jack fix. And to think...I wasn't even sure I wanted him in the beginning, when Hick said he'd promised to take a pup.

      Delete
  6. But has he seen anybody from ABBA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he knows ABBA. He's always been a country music aficionado.

      I didn't think to ask, because I was busy wondering if the snow he said they got last night interfered with the deliver of powdered hot chocolate, or those tasty Little Debbie rolled cakes with the creamy filling.

      Then I realized I was thinking of Swiss Miss and Swiss Rolls...and...it JUST THIS MINUTE hit me: Sweden is a different country than Switzerland!

      But, to my credit, I figured that out all by myself. Not like when The Pony had to tell me that England is an island, and not located on the coast between France and Germany.

      Delete
  7. Oh my heart was in my throat that there may have been a Jack snatching. Hick to the rescue all the way from Sweden....or is that a stretch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Hick really was trying to find Jack for me, all the way from Sweden. Of course, when he's here, he has twice locked Juno in the BARn overnight and into the following evening, and once lost her for over 8 hours after she followed the Gator down past the mailboxes.

      Maybe he was trying to make up for that.

      Delete