Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sometimes a Not-So-Great Notion

Hey! Remember my proposed handbasket factory? Oh, don't get your hopes up. It still is not yet functioning. But I have big plans!

I also have several other projects in the works. Problem is, I haven't been my jolly old self this summer. I have not felt much like writing at all until this week. The urge comes and goes. One thing I'm considering is a bundle of stories comprised of Hick's tall tales. I have been mulling a title such as "Post-Dramatic Jest Syndrome." He has such a flair for going over-the-top. It's like the material writes itself, what with my interrogation leading to farther- and farther-fetched details. As a special treat, I've got his most recent story slated to post tomorrow.

However...that title may be considered politically incorrect, like it's ridiculing a medical condition that folks don't find the least bit funny. Like a fraternity throwing a wet t-shirt bash and calling it "The Boobonic Keg." So...is that kind of thing frowned upon? Is that wrong? Because if I had known when I started thinking up titles that I should not have done that...well...

Never mind. I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself. No need to put the title before the proposed collection. There'll be time enough for titling (heh, heh, I said TITling) when the compiling's done. Excuse me. I'm off to hammer a few nails into my proposed handbasket factory, and listen to a little Kenny Rogers.

7 comments:

  1. Politically incorrect tit-les are as wrong as doing the cleaning lady after work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the tall tales Hick would tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more than one book in your pocket... besides Hick's tales, you have your Mother's tales, YOUR tales... you've got work to do! Well, actually a lot of it is already written in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I really want to hear that title. It doesn't have anything to do with uromysitisis, does it? If it's anything like "Post-Dramatic Jest Syndrome," I think it'll be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not the one to ask, "Is that NOT the right way to word it?" because I cross the line on a regular basis.

    Listen to a little Kenny Rogers is fine...as long as you don't have to look at him. He's scary-looking these days--living proof that plastic surgery is often NOT a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kenny can croon, but oh have you gotten a look at him lately? Hick's PDJS will be a best seller. You can also mete out a few ghost stories and your mama stories are a hoot, too. You could do a three book series. I believe in you..........crooning Kenny's tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. joeh,
    Yet it's still done! However, I do not have the "I didn't know" excuse any longer.

    ****
    Stephen,
    A few of them defy imagination, but I commend your effort.

    ****
    Lynn,
    I have a treasure trove in my double-secret blog that dates back to 2005.

    ****
    Tammy,
    It does not. Hick has not had an episode of uromysitisis in a parking garage. Nor is he called The Urinator down at the health club. He IS famous among my administrators at work for peeing off our back porch. Genius was kind enough to inform a plethora of higher-ups when he was in kindergarten. In fact, the superintendent himself told me (jokingly) that he had heard the police were called to my neighborhood for a case of indecent exposure. That's how I found out about Genius's loose lips.

    *****
    Sioux,
    I don't think Dolly herself could recognize Kenny these days, and she is the poster gal of plastic surgery. He's gonna be stranded on that island in the stream for a good long time.

    *****
    Linda,
    Lucille picked a fine time to leave him, and I don't blame Ruby for taking her love to town. Kenny is quite breathtaking these days. Thank you for your Kenny-confidence in my proposed literary project(s).

    ReplyDelete