Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Pony is Hick's FREE-Loader

On my way to pick up The Pony last Thursday for Errand Day, I passed by the Beauty Shop. You know, the little house that was part of our Double Hovel flip. It's street is a shortcut to The Pony's house. Of course I always look at it, and silently (or not) berate the new owner for turning that cute little house into a workshop. It has looked the same since we sold it. Just unoccupied. So I've held out hope that he'd leave the little house alone. The hope was dashed on Thursday.

Sitting out front on the wooden handrail by the sidewalk was an object. At first, I thought it was the base of an old computer. Really old. Like maybe from an Apple 2e. Or an old dot-matrix printer. It was that same shade of tan. Maybe I should get new glasses. Or at least wear them when I'm driving.

Anyhoo, as I went by, I saw a sign on the object. FREE! 

By the time I had The Pony riding shotgun, on our way to Walmart, I realized what it was.

"Pony. I think there's a FREE range hood over at the Beauty Shop. We're going that way. Let's go by and make sure. I guess that guy is actually tearing out stuff to make his workshop. I wonder if Dad would want it. Text him and see."

The Pony did, and got an immediate response. "Sure. It's probably the one I just put in."

The object was still there, and it WAS a range hood. The Pony hopped out and got it. Put it in T-Hoe's rear. This family can't leave a perfectly good range hood sit around for somebody else to snatch!

Once home, I told Hick to get his range hood and put it somewhere else. He chose the back of the Gator, along with a bunch of other junk that I'm pretty sure was not FREE.


"It's brand new! The one I put in the Beauty Shop. I'll find somewhere to use it."

Hick and The Pony. The FREEbie Magnet and the FREE-Loader.

No comments:

Post a Comment