"Why are you putting that kitchen stuff in Cheap House?"
"Because the trailer was just down the street, and it was easy to unload them there."
I accepted this excuse. The stove is supposed to be installed at Lap House, which is only a couple miles away. I still don't know exactly where the stove is. But I thought maybe it could have been in the way of the guy hired for $1000 to build some walls there. I suppose he is done. Hick sent some pictures.
That's a story for another day.
Here are the cabinets that came out of the rich guy's kitchen:
The plan is to use the cabinets in our flip house(s). There are too many for just one flip house.
In telling The Pony about the hired walls being done in Lap House, I unearthed a nugget of information. Which might explain Hick's snippiness on Sunday when I asked about the storage of the kitchen items.
"Maybe now that the walls are up, Dad can get to work and get Lap House done and listed."
"He supposedly only has a couple walls to put up in Cheap House, and then it can go on the market."
"Well, he really wants to finish that one, too."
"WHAT? I KNEW he'd pull this! That was not the deal!"
"Well, when he drove me home last night after training the dog, he said he thinks another $10,000 will get Cheap House finished. And then we could ask $100,000-something, instead of just selling it to a flipper."
"For only $10,000? It needs an HVAC system! And kitchen appliances, and bathroom stuff, and flooring! Plus labor! I can't imagine that would only cost $10,000."
So... Hick has been keeping this plan from me, while telling The Pony, who is not crazy about it, because of the money going out before any money comes in.
Hick and I need to have a "discussion" about our flipping partnership with The Pony. I don't think ONE is a majority.

No comments:
Post a Comment