Friday afternoon. Friday evening. A phone call for Hick. But it was an old guy he'd been installing electricity for. NOT ONE OF HICK'S HAREM! Bedtime for Hick. Up early Saturday morning. WITH NO HAREM CALL!
I'd like to think this needy weekend behavior has ended, but there WAS the call on Thursday night around 8:00. From one of Hick's Harem. Perhaps she was worried about the long weekend. How Hick doesn't go by the apartments on Fridays, and then with Labor Day coming on Monday.
Hick was leaned back in his recliner. He pretty much just gave perfunctory answers. It wasn't a chatfest.
"Oh. Okay. I'll be there tomorrow. Yeah. It's okay. I'll come by tomorrow."
"What was THAT about?"
"Just one of my ladies at the apartments. She has her dog's shot record."
"Huh. Does she think this is an emergency? Did it bite somebody?"
"No. I just have to have a record of the dog's shots, to go with her doctor's note that she needs the dog as a support animal."
"Well. She made sure you'll come by on Friday! That's your Harem."
I guess others might have seen Hick while he was there. Thus getting their Hick Fix on Friday, to tide them over until Tuesday when he goes back for lunch at the Senior Center.
No comments:
Post a Comment