Saturday, February 8, 2020

A NonCENTS Week for Val

NOOOO!!!

Not a single solitary cent was found by Val this week! How unfair is THAT? Has somebody been encroaching on my territory? The closest I came to finding a penny was on Thursday, when I saw three of them sitting in the little metal swimming-pool-thingy at the end of the slide-thingy that comes out the back of the cash register at Orb K. The receptacle where your coins are shoveled out to you.

I guess some people don't care about their pennies! Why, oh WHY, couldn't they care enough to pick them up carelessly, or in a fit of pique, and drop them on the floor? Then I could salvage them with a clear conscience. Val is NOT going to be that person who helps herself to leftover pennies in the coin return. Now, if it's laying on the counter, out of sight of the cashier, it's fair game. Meant for me! But not while in a basin attached to the cash register.

This is going to affect my average! The stats are the same as last week. UNLESS...I find a late one on Saturday afternoon.
__________________________________________________________________

2020 Running Total
Penny     still at 13.
Dime       still at 1.
Nickle     0
Quarter  0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. I would have had those pennies in my pocket before you could blink. unless there was someone else around who might be searching for the change he forgot to take and even then I might still have them if he/she was looking the other way. I wonder if I was a pickpocket/thief in an earlier life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh. Those pennies WERE abandoned, but I like the thrill of the hunt.

      Delete
  2. Even Steven is waiting around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so. Like that Wild Leprecoin slot, ready to toss a handful of coins in the air for me!

      Delete
  3. You will make up for your centslessness next week. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Steven may have taken away my "Pennies from Heaven" this week, but he gave me a couple of other "coincidences." Coming up in a few days, after Hick's 3-part "axing" series.

      Delete
  4. I keep finding the same one in the washer, as I don't clean out my pockets, does finding the same penny three times count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a judgment call. I counted one in the dryer from Hick's pocket, but only once.

      Delete