Thursday, February 20, 2020

Watching TV With My Little Buddy

Monday night, around midnight-thirty, I left my dark basement lair to sit in the main room of the basement and watch TV. Hick was at the auction. I'd booked rooms for our upcoming trip to visit The Pony and celebrate our February birthdays, and sent Hick a text.

I was comfortably ensconced in my OPC (Old People Chair) at 1:35 a.m., watching a DVR of the Below Deck reunion, part two, when a movement caught my eye.

Say hello to my little friend. He wasn't in my way, so I didn't shoo him off. He didn't stay long on my OPC arm.


Nope. He moved right to my actual arm! Up and over the Garmin brand fit-bit thingy Genius gave me two Christmases ago, when he still worked for Garmin. This situation became a bit ticklish. I enticed that ladybug onto my finger, and set him on the wooden TV tray, given to us by my mom many Christmases ago, where I keep the remotes and my bubba cup of ice water and a box of Puffs Plus Lotion.

He didn't like that much, and flew up onto the bendy lamp that my mom gave us seven or eight years ago. She had one like it by her recliner, and used it for doing Sudoku and cross-stitch. My little buddy sat there until I went to bed at 4:30 a.m. I'm sure he was sensing warmth from the lamp, or getting an electrical buzz.

I'd like to think he was keeping me company.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a lady bug in years, yet you see them all the time. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I never used to see them (outside of my mom's family room), until about 5 years ago...

      Delete
  2. Of course he was keeping you company, even ladybugs like a little TV now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would have had a better view from the other side of the lamp!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That was my feeling when I saw it, and when it stayed by me.

      Delete
  4. They do bite, you know. It hurts, too. This one must have been under your mom's influence for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that, but I've never been bitten!

      Delete