Saturday, November 16, 2019

Methinks It Must Be a COINspiracy!

Where are all my rightful pennies? I am searching for them as hard as ever, yet the parking lots and convenience store floors are bare! I can only surmise that The Universe is conspiring against me.

Only two scenarios can explain my drought. Either the populace of Backroads has become raving penny-pickers...or the cashiers who'd been tossing out pennies in the hopes of seeing Val's ample rumpus have decided that the view is not worth a red cent.

Only one penny revealed itself to me this week. On SUNDAY, November 10, I accidentally found a penny on my way out of Orb K. I'd scored my favorite parking space next to the yellow-striped handicap walkway with the gentle ramp up the sidewalk. As I shuffled along, careful not to dislocate a kneecap on the slight slope, my eyes were glued to the ground, lest any irregularities send me sprawling.

I almost missed it! Lucky for my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, my eyes were drawn to the discarded cigarette butts. Would YOU have spotted this week's lone penny?

There's no shame if you missed this face-down 2016. Val IS a professional penny-finder, you know. That's why The Universe pays her the big bucks cents.

THE END IS NEAR! The end of the Penny Year. I'm concerned that I won't reach last year's total. At least I'm already killing it with dimes, nickels, and quarters!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 113.
Dime      still at 19.
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
__________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the penny, but I think I found Waldo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not collecting Waldos, and not striving to become a Future Waldoillionaire. Hick would have to build me a special themed shed in which to keep my not-goblets, but perhaps BARRELS, of Waldos.

      Delete
    2. I have NEVER found Waldo and gave up looking eons ago. If he keeps getting lost, he should stay home. Like Jesus. People ask me "have you found Jesus?" and I say "is he lost AGAIN!?"

      Delete
  2. I didn't see it until you mentioned cigarette butts and even then I wasn't sure, but in the next picture I saw it clearly. I wonder if Even Steven is gearing up to visit me? We have a huge jackpot draw later this week and I have tickets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just gave Even Steven a call on his private line, and urged him to book his flight and get over there as soon as possible!

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know if he makes it.

      Delete