Saturday, June 11, 2016

Finders/Losers, Keepers/BLEEPERS!

Tuesday, I stopped by Country Mart to...um...see if their scratch-off ticket machines were working. And they were! So I figured since I was there already, I might as well buy a couple of tickets. So as not to waste the gas for the trip, you know.

When I pulled into the Country Mart lot, I parked beside a car just like The Pony's. Almost. It was a Nissan Rogue, but the AWD version, loaded, with a sunroof and leather seats and...well...I didn't see ALL the bells and whistles, because I noticed a lady sitting on a bench in the alcove of the building. She was smoking like a chimney, intent on texting, but I was sure she might suspect me of being up to no good if I cupped my hands around my eye-sides and pressed my face against the Rogue's windows. So I went on inside. Good thing. I passed a lady pushing a full cart toward the Rogue.

I had already made a stop at Save A Lot. I had a short list. Mainly shredded lettuce and salsa for my Super Nachos and plain paper plates. I needed some Select A Size paper towels, but Save A Lot doesn't carry name brands unless they get a special order. I guess I could have looked in Country Mart. But that would have required moving more than two feet inside the exit door, where the lottery machines are located.

When I came out, my as-yet-unknown-losing-tickets clasped in my hand, I noticed something in front of that little black Nissan Rogue.

IT WAS AN 8-PACK BUNDLE OF PAPER TOWELS!

Funny. I needed some paper towels. For an instant, I debated with the little Animal-House-like devil on one shoulder, and the corresponding angel on my other shoulder. I could pick up those paper towels. Obviously, that lady with the cart was gone. She must not have been the Rogue driver, because it was still there. So those paper towels were going to waste!

I climbed in T-Hoe. I was going to take a picture of those paper towels. But that texting smoker was still sitting there. CRIMINY! How long a break does Country Mart give their employees? I didn't want her to think I was taking her picture to get her in trouble. Dang it! Nor could I hop out and pick up those paper towels, because she would see me. And might take my picture with her cell phone! So I figured it might be best not to pick up those paper towels for those reasons. And because they weren't mine.

While I was considering the ramifications of thievery, a woman came walking from the exit doors past the front end of T-Hoe, over to the front end of that Rogue, and snatched up that 8-pack of paper towels! She turned around and went back the way she had come, toward the exit doors. She must have been parked over that way. What the not-heaven?

It was NOT the full-cart woman that I had seen before.

I think that wench stole my intended contraband right out from under my nose!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. TELL me about it! Today, as I walked into the very same store, I saw a penny on the ground. "Oh. It's just a penny. But I need four pennies every day to make correct change for my 44 oz Diet Coke. AND it looks like a Canadian penny, which Hick might want...so I'll stop and pick it up on my way out."

      Yep! GONE! Some THIEF stole ANOTHER item I found before I could steal it myself!

      Delete
  2. You snooze you loose. That's what you get for taking time to contemplate thievery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see above, I snost and lost again today!

      Delete
  3. What kind of person would steal stuff that someone else was planning to steal? Some nerve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh huh. And I think she came back again today! For more stealin'! Right out from under my toes!

      Delete
  4. Too funny! I always love your posts, Val, so why don't I stop by here more often?? I have no good excuse....shame on me. And I'm extremely glad you did not swipe those paper towels. I really would've hated seeing you on the 5:00pm local news, taken off in handcuffs for "stealing" what probably cost about the same as your:"...as-yet-unknown-losing-tickets.." Hmmm? Am I right or am I right?? Right? Right? ..Bing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That THIEF cost me several future lottery tickets, because now I have to buy my own paper towels!

      Delete
  5. Who could not use extra paper towels! But, like you said, they were not yours and I am proud of you. Always remember what goes around comes around .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, SOMEBODY could use extra paper towels more than I. And at this moment, she's probably using them, while I am without.

      Delete
  6. You are a woman of character, Val. I'd have licked those towels under my car and retrieved them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you enjoy exercise more than Val. That would have required extra effort!

      Delete