Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cheaters Gonna Cheat, Even on Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is finger food and game-playing night for Thevictorians and Sis's in-laws at my sister the ex-mayor's wife's house. This year we had a new game. A game where you put a paper plate on top of your head, and follow directions to draw a holiday scene. There's even a rubric for scoring!

Here are a few results:

That's mine on the left. Val is detail oriented, and wrote down part of the scoring on the top of her plate AFTER the drawings were scored. Let the record show that Val is not trying to pretend she printed so neatly on top of her head out of sight. As you can see, Val scored 9 points. She is not disputing the score of 13 on the right-hand plate, a many-ornamented tree drawn by her adult niece. She got FIVE points just for ornaments touching her tree. But Val is not a sore loser. Nor a cheater. A judge was consulted to see if Val's present would be considered UNDER the tree. And she was given the thumbs-up.

What gripes Val's gizzard is the outrageously inflated score of Hick, the 11 he gave himself for this piece of work on left, below:

That is creative scoring at the very least. The Pony, plate on the right, was at least honest and embarrassed enough to scratch out his meager score of 7. He has never been known as a drawer, and takes after Hick, who is kryptonite to Pictionary teams.

Let the record show that scoring was as follows:

2 points if the tree touched the floor
2 points if the stocking touched the mantel
1 point if the star was above, or touched, the tree
1 point for every ornament on the tree
1 point if the fireplace did not touch the tree
2 points if the present was actually under the tree

Let's evaluate Hick's masterpiece, shall we? YES! I answered for you.

I'll give him...

2 because his tree was indeed on the floor
0 for the stocking, because it was on the floor and in the fireplace, NOT touching the mantel
1 because the star was above the tree
0 for ornaments, because those things are NOT ornaments
1 for the fireplace not touching the tree
1 for the present under the tree, even though it must have been hidden in a trapdoor in the floor

That gives Hick 5 points. Not 11. Even The Pony did better.

Hick drew his Christmas scene like a spider making a web on LSD.

I call HUMBUG on Hick's creative scoring! Thank goodness there was no prize for this game.
We are a cut-throat crew when it comes to competition.

12 comments:

  1. No points for creative scoring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT FOR HICK!!! Only if it works in my favor, by cracky!

      Delete
  2. I thought Pony's was a shopping list from Mrs. C, but I have no idea what it says.

    Fun game for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! It probably says something about balls.

      Delete
  3. If he worked in a school district, he would have been taken to jail with that kind of scoring... or given a promotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His school would have received accolades for years. Until he was led off in handcuffs for tampering with test results.

      Delete
  4. Creative that man of yours, but he didn't his mark as many times as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope you were saying Hick didn't HIT his mark as often as I did. And not that Hick didn't MISS his mark as often as I did. Because in that case, you would be PRO-HICK! Which means I would have to ban you from my comments for being so blatant about it!

      Delete
  5. I am from the south, the deep south, where we like to not only hold our grudges, we nurture them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I have a bumper crop of grudges every year. Without fail. No such thing as a grudge drought around here.

      Delete
  6. Remind me never to challenge you in Pictionary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to. I am about to be banned from the Christmas contests, because I used to win all the prizes. Even when I declared that I didn't WANT the prizes, and that the second place winners could have them. I don't see that as being arrogant at all. And I still have not forgiven my niece for accusing me of cheating at her baby shower because I got the plastic baby unthawed from my ice cube the fastest.

      Delete