Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Oops! Hick Did It Again.



I came home yesterday to find two new additions to Thevictorian family sitting on the porch. They were not unattractive. Rather handsome, in their own way. As I was grousing to my sweet, sweet Juno about their origin, (while she was thinking "SHUT UP, WOMAN, AND GIVE ME MY CAT KIBBLE!") a voice hailed me from the front yard. It was Hick, sitting on his Gator. I suppose he had been waiting for me to exit the garage so he could ascertain my reaction.

“Did you see my newest find? I couldn’t pass them up. They were at the same driveway where I got the high chair.”

“Huh. Somebody is cleaning out their junk, and you’re bringing it home.”

“Look at them. They’re good chairs. I had to get them. And over by the bridge? Did you see the tub?”

“What tub? We came the other way. The back road.”

“Somebody had left a #3 washtub by the low water bridge. I got out to look. They had thrown a bunch of deer parts in it, so it didn’t smell very good when I brought it home—“

“Wait a minute! You brought it home? Where is it?”

“Over by the BARn. It’s a good tub. You don’t see those anymore.”

I don’t know what I’m going to do when Hick retires. We’ll have to buy another house, just for the yard to keep the junk he drags home every day.

Sorry. No #3 washtub for you.

6 comments:

  1. I imagine Hick has some sort of junk that he could use to fashion rockers for those chairs.

    Then you two could sit on the porch and while away your retirement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could while it away while dreams of our rock profit nest egg dance in our heads!

      Delete
  2. Actually very nice chairs. Saber Leg, Probably antique and well made. Mahogany? Should not be thrown away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. I'm glad Hick beat you to them! He does not know nearly as much about chair legs as you do. But he does know his mahogany. I'll ask him.

      Delete
  3. One day Hick will make you proud by dragging home something valuable for you to bring to Antique Road Show when it comes to town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will probably be dragging ME to Antique Road Show to make SURE I am proud.

      Delete