Friday, August 7, 2015

Almost Nobody Knows the Horror He's Seen, Almost Nobody Knows His Terror

The Pony and I returned from town yesterday afternoon with two jars of pickles in T-Hoe's rear. We also picked up Domino's for our lupper so I didn't have to warm something in the oven or heat anything in the microwave later. As usual, my little beast of burden trotted inside with the pizza and his laptop, then came back out to get the pickles. I met him at the steps by the side porch.

"Is there a spider on my face?"

"Um. Noooo...should there be?"

"NO! But I was just coming back out to get the pickles from the back of the car, and before I was even to the door, I felt a 'PLOP' and I saw the blurry legs and the lumpy body of a daddy-long-legs ON THE LENS OF MY GLASSES!"

"The lens of your glasses!"

"Yes! The INSIDE!"

"EEEEE! Did you feel it on your face?"

"Yes!"

"Walking?"

"Moving, yes. Not really walking. I wasn't thinking about what it was doing!"

"EEEEE! What did you do?"

"By that time, my hand was on the doorknob, and I grabbed my glasses off and I was on the porch by Juno's doghouse and the daddy-long-legs flung against the wall and scurried away!"

"And that's when you came to the steps and asked if there was a spider on your face?"

"Any MORE spiders on my face! Yes."

"Ooh! That's equal to the time that spider dropped from the ceiling of my dark basement lair and exploded into a million baby spiders when it fell on the Puffs box."

"Huh? I don't think I have ever been told that story."

"I'm sure you have. You just blocked it out. Especially now. It was terrible! But at least none of them were crawling on my face."

"I can still feel it."

Oh, yes. And I can still remember like it was yesterday.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think The Pony would be willing to relinquish that title if we could only forget this incident, and never speak of it again.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haven't seen a ladybug since March 17th. Since that one I saw on Peg Bundy's forehead at 6:00 a.m.

      If this spider plop happened to me, I would still be scrubbing my eye with lye soap, and rinsing with muriatic acid.

      Delete
  3. What a mournful title that is...

    You put pickles in T-Hoe's rear end? Poor T-Hoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. You thought the title was referring to THE PONY'S experience? It's all about T-Hoe. The Pony is an afterthought.

      Delete
  4. Spiders? Yuck? They need to leave us alone. Okay, they can eat the bugs pestering us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember, next time you save a spider and let it go outside...it's going to spend the rest of its life trying to get back in. Perhaps to drop onto Mrs. C's face. I hope you're not within her grasping range when that happens.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes. On a face. Especially on MY face. Or on my computer desk running amok with 1,357,988 brothers.

      Delete