Thursday, December 18, 2014

Not-Heaven Hath No Fury Like a Front-Porch Package-Basket Spurned

Hey! Guess who got a package today? That's right, all of you Sylvia Brownes out there. It was Val. Val got a package. It was left by UPS on her front porch. You may be familiar with Val's front porch, having seen it only yesterday at this very address.

You know what's funny about this package delivery today? THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT ON THE PORCH! Yeah. After all the trouble my sweet baboo went to in order to provide a safe haven for packages. A haven out of reach of dog teeth.

I suppose the UPS delivery person might have thought we were really eager to get our milk bottle every morning without bending over.

I found it interesting that the driver went to the trouble to wedge that package into the crevice of the side door thingies, to the extent that the package became caved in. As you can plainly see, my porch basket was large enough to hold that delivery. All for naught.

Seriously. Who would ever think to leave a package in that red milk crate? Not Val. Val would think in her private thought-bubble: "What in the not-heaven is that hideous milk crate doing screwed to the front of those people's house?"


I don't know how to break the news to Hick when he gets home from bowling and asks, "Did we get a package in our basket?"

7 comments:

  1. I guess you need a sign on the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought of putting a sign or a label on your package basket? I'm sure Hick has an artistic streak--he could create something eye-catching.

    Or something breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joeh,
    From your fingers to Hick's tiny dinosaur brain! Tonight, when he happily asked if UPS was using the basket for packages, I had to tell him the truth. Today FOUR packages were piled in front of the door. One marked FRAGILE, and another soft-sided, like the item was taped up in a black trash bag.

    Hick ran around all mysterious and such, to the basement, back up to the kitchen. He took a paper plate and went back to the basement. Silly Hick. There's no food in the basement. About 10 minutes later, he came upstairs and went out on the porch. Came back in. "I fixed it now. I put a sign on the basket that says 'PACKAGES'. Any dummy oughta be able to tell what it's for."

    "Did you write it on a paper plate?"

    "No. A piece of cardboard."

    We'll see what develops. Hick is not noted for his spelling prowess.

    *****
    Sioux,
    Huh. Joe beat you to it. I can't bring myself to look out the door and see it, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that Hick's sign is BREATHTAKING.

    *****
    Linda,
    I am trying to comply in my responses. I doubt Hick used this tactic on his sign.

    *****
    Stephen,
    Because it doesn't stand out like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    And now we have it, thanks to Hick and the Cardboard Box Manufacturers of America. Maybe I'll have The Pony get a picture for me. The CBMA might want to use it in a pamphlet, for advertising purposes.

    ReplyDelete