Tuesday, June 1, 2021

School In Progress

Hick spent Monday working on his school-themed shed. He's obsessed! Like Jack Torrance sitting at the typewriter, filling pages and pages with "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Or Richard Dreyfus building the Devil's Tower out of mashed potatoes. 

Here are the updates he sent me.

 
The window is in! I think it will just provide an opportunity for thieves to window-shop, but Hick wanted a window, and since he had one lying around...

 
Looking back at his handiwork from the front porch. There's the hose that fills Poolio, and the outdoor spigot. Oh, wait! I meant to say the hose that FILLED Poolio, about 15 years ago, since the water stays in from year to year...

 
I gotta admit, I like that wood pattern. It reminds me of a butcher block. I am startled, upon zooming in, to see the Gator looking so clean. It's usually full of Diet Mountain Dew bottles. FYI, that is NOT a standard roof on the Gator. That's Hick's handiwork, using scraps, because he wanted a roof.

 
I suppose that's where the door will be, with just a little bitty porch on this one. Otherwise, I'd say that Hick made some major miscalculations in the front wall... He DID verify that he's using 4x6 lumber that was once part of the shipping apparatus for his company's giant rolls of steel, from which they cut out saw blades. 

I'm sure Hick will keep us informed of further progress, and provide a grand reveal when his School Shed is finished and furnished.

7 comments:

  1. I think he could be the principal and you can be the superintendent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use the "...and other duties as assigned" clause on Hick!

      Delete
  2. 4x6 lumber? I'm about as green as Marvin the Martian right now, with envy. I'm seeing a few gaps though, I hope Hick is going to fill those with something. Of course it has a window, every school has one, for the students to daydream out of instead of paying attention to "i-before-e" and 3x6=18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing some MAJOR gaps in the floor boards, heh, heh! The wall boards might just be edges that are not square, casting a shadow in an apparent gap, when the rest of the 4 inches is flush with the board next to it. I haven't ventured on-site to inspect the building.

      Delete
  3. Impressive. Hick could be the school janitor, and you the school super. The principal could be Pony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any combination that allows me to wield my power over them!

      Delete
  4. I like that Gator. Does it float? Asking for a friend.

    ReplyDelete