Saturday, July 21, 2018

Val's 5 Centses

The week started off right on SUNDAY, July 15th.


Lookie there, past the toes of my mesh New Balance, at a 2005 in Orb K. You might be tricked, being mere amateurs, and not hard-core candidates for Future Pennyillionaire, into thinking you see a penny right there in front of the red-bottled energy supplements. Au contraire, non-dwellers of the lair. The real penny...


...is face-up between the racks! Don't be fooled by random stains, people. Always know your surroundings. In Orb K, it's more likely to be a stain than a penny. I'm telling you this to save you future embarrassment.

I'll be darned if I didn't walk back to my almost-never parking space, and find THIS waiting for me:


See it there? Between T-Hoe's bumper and the curb, completely unnoticed on the way in? Not the cigarette butt. I wouldn't marvel over that. I could afford my own smokes if I was so inclined.


No, it was a 1999, face up, with a beautiful meniscus of rainwater built up on top, giving off such a bright glare that I had to adjust the phone several times to get a picture that showed ol' Abe.
_________________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, July 19th, I was at Orb K again. Not as a pennyhound, but to get a scratcher. No sooner had I stepped inside the door that there was a penny winking at me. Of course I couldn't stop right there to take a picture, because I'd be slammed into by people rushing inside for their Polar Pop beverages.


So I stepped inside and turned back around for my photo.


It was a pretty little 2012, face down. You can bet I snatched it up forthwith, lest any new enterers dive upon it before I harvested the newest link in my Future Pennyillionaire chain.
______________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, July 20th, I stopped by Waterside Mart to get tickets for Genius's weekly letter.


No, I was not interested in this dude's crack, or his (one) shapely leg(s). It was the two PENNIES in front of his toe that I was trying to capture with my phone. One of these days, somebody is going to turn around and deck me in a horrible misunderstanding.



WooHoo! Both of these beauties were FACE UP. A 2012, and a 1981. Representing, I suppose, the start of Genius's senior year of high school, and my college graduation. Genius called me several nights ago, after not hearing from him in over a month. I am not re-enrolling in college. So I doubt the dates were significant, even though I had a dream that I was back in college a few nights ago.

I have no idea what that tasty morsel is beside the upper penny. It went unsampled.

_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Pennies  # 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
For 2018: Dimes  still at # 10.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 4.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 137, 138, 139, 140, 141.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Dime # 16.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Nickel # 4.
_____________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Five in one day is a record for you, right? So don't be surprised if Even Steven misses a day or two now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think three coins is my one-day record. I know I've had three pennies from three different places, and I think I had a dime/nickel/penny trio one time. THESE five were not actually in one day, but in one week. I don't remember that record either.

      Dang it! I've been lax in my record-keeping!

      Even Steven has outdone himself. As you'll see next post...

      Delete
  2. I now wonder where the saying "Penny from heaven comes form"
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but I had dreams about my mom three nights this week, on the nights before I found the pennies! I don't remember that happening before.

      Delete
  3. Now you can buy that yacht you've always wanted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your angels are reaching out to you. :) - First time to your blog and I love it.

    ReplyDelete