Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Weekly Centses Report

Ha ha! Fortune has found Val once again. In a big way.

TUESDAY, which was Fourth of July Eve...I was caught unawares by a penny in Orb K.


I only spotted it on the way out, so I'm thinking it was dropped by the guy who paid ahead of me, and received a handful of change. As you can see...Orb K still seems to have a problem keeping their merchandise stocked. Looks like more people enjoy the mini donuts than the energy drinks that are never in short supply. Don't worry that I missed a dime off to the left. That was a blob of something gumlike.


Once again, I was mooned by a penny showing me its tail. This one was a 2013.

I was thrilled to find a penny so early in the week. Pressure OFF! Resting on my early laurel, I was shocked to discover a NICKEL on the parking lot of The Gas Station Chicken Store later that same day, in my Tuesday travels.


As with the penny, this nickel was not there when I went inside. I would have seen it as I climbed out of T-Hoe, because I spotted this nickel when I had already climbed back IN T-Hoe, and was reaching to close the door. You can bet I hopped down and took my picture.


It was another unfortunate Thomas Jefferson likeness. A 2010, which nearly burned my fingers due to the blazing sun and 107-degree heat index. I suppose a car could have parked by me while I was inside. When I went in, there was just a truck at the diesel pump way over there. I doubt they drove by, tossing coins out the window like candy in a parade.
___________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, the actual Fourth of July, was also a good day for penny-picking. I was gathering my scratchers off the counter of Casey's when I saw this gem in the corner on the way out.


Looks like some former employees of Orb K must have been hired by Casey's, and have been busy not-stocking the shelves! There's no excuse for this, since Tuesday is truck day, when supplies arrive.


The most HORRIBLE thing about finding this face-up 1991 penny is that I couldn't reach it back in the corner, so I used my scratchers to drag it forward, and I DIDN'T NOTICE THE HAIR WAD until after I got home and put the picture on my New Delly! Even more horrible... sometimes, if I need both hands for fishing out my keys, or holding my phone...I put my scratchers between my teeth momentarily. I'm sure I didn't do it on that day. Pretty sure...
_________________________________________________________________________

THIS JUST IN--
In keeping with the recent tradition, a penny has found me scant hours before this pre-typed post was scheduled to publish. SATURDAY, the Seventh of July, I saw this in Orb K:


No, not the well-stocked energy supplements. Don't you think somebody who partook of them could write about more exciting stuff than finding pennies?


I'm talkin' about that face-down 2000 penny trying to blend in with the floor. I exposed the poor dude behind me (probably wanting to buy those energy supplements) to my ample rumpus as I got pics to show it happened, and harvested my last-minute crop. Now I'll have to update my running tally...
_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Pennies  # 53, 54, 55.
For 2018: Dimes  still at # 10.
For 2018: Nickels  # 4.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 131, 132, 133.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Dime # 16.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Nickel # 4.
_____________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. So, you could buy a soda with your pennies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could get about 1.5 sodas at Orb K, but the Gas Station Chicken Store, the premium of magical elixers, costs $1.69.

      Delete
  2. That hair blob skeevied me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! At least you hadn't put those tickets that scraped the penny forward between you teeth!

      Delete
  3. So what are you going to do with all these pennies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save them in my penny goblet that Hick got me at a yard sale. When that's full...I don't know.

      Delete
  4. So your current total is 188 pennies, 26 dimes and 8 nickels. Or have you been doing this since before 2017? At this rate you may have to live several more lifetimes to make the pennyillionaire status you dream of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, that bottom list is the running total since March, 2017, when I started collecting them. The top list is just for 2018. They're included in the total.

      I do think my Future Pennyillionaire status will take a while...

      Delete
  5. The gods were indeed shining their light upon you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or The Universe was just shining me on...

      Delete