Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Just the Facts, Ma'ams and Sirs, and a Little Filler For Good Measure

Here's the condensed version, in case you're an antiValswanderingferalpigtrailite:

In the past 24 hours, I've found 4 pennies.

Penny 1: Last night at Country Mart, going to buy scratchers for Christmas gifts. My noontime errand schedule was thrown off because we took The Pony out to lunch.


I made that door open and close as I stepped back and forward taking its picture. A 1989 version.


Penny 2: Last night at the gas station chicken store, my very next stop after finding the first one. You have to look close. It's in the crack of the door frame.


I made sure not to block egress and ingress, and snapped my pictures before pocketing that 1983 beauty.


Yes, the gas station chicken store could probably use an inspection from the health department. But I see it as they're increasing people's immunity to germs. C'mon. It was after 6:00 p.m. Nobody had time to sweep yet. It's not like there are chicken feathers flying around.

Penny 3: This morning The Pony and I went to the bank to see why he can't set a PIN on his account. I stepped out T-Hoe's door, and turned to find that penny lurking.


If it was a snake, this copper 2016 version would have bitten me!


The Pony came to peer at it, and exclaimed that it was FACE DOWN. I'm going to start thinking he's a penny snob if he doesn't come to his senses. I would NEVER leave a found penny just because it's face down. All pennies are welcome in Val's Found Penny Goblet.

Penny 4: On the way home from town, we stopped at the gas station chicken store today for a 44 oz Diet Coke, and two corn dogs for The Pony. On the way back out, hands full, I saw this little 1959 lurker.


I had to put my magical elixir and lottery tickets in T-Hoe and come back. I almost couldn't find it again. Conditions have to be just right for Val to see a penny obviously meant for her. If she can't see it, it must be meant for someone else.


Some people think pennies are good luck. Let the record show that I've already been having good luck, and if these four pennies are bringing me more, it must be TURBOCHARGED good luck. Maybe you could consult The Pony. He asked for a scratcher today, and I fanned out the five I'd just bought, and he picked a winner.
________________________________________________________________________

These were pennies # 72, 73, 74, and 75 for my Future Pennyillionaire collection.
________________________________________________________________________

16 comments:

  1. If you weren't retired, you could retire...i got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? After 75 pennies found, you can't find anything to say about me finding pennies? That's preposterous!

      Delete
    2. So, now you're a antinopennycommentite?

      Delete
    3. Yes. On rare occasions, Val dons her antinopennycommentite hat. It's fairly large, not due to Val's big head, but because it's hard to fit "Antinopennycommentite" on that hat.

      Delete
  2. You've got 75 cents and you've been doing this HOW long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think March of this year is when I started keeping track. Looks like I've got a few more years to go before I hit pennyillionaire.

      Delete
  3. Val you aren't going to believe this but I picked up a 1958 wheat penny off of the floor at K-mart yesterday, see what reading your blog has done for me, although I'm not the penny expert that you are I hope to be when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, obviously you were meant to think of me when you picked up that penny, because that year has a very special significance to me!

      Delete
    2. And think of you I did, I always do when I find a penny. I hope this wheat penny that I mentioned sends you the message that I was supposed to share with you.

      Delete
    3. Maybe I have a wheat allergy!

      Delete
  4. Four in one day! That's quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's only happened to me once before:

      http://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/2017/06/from-youre-not-even-gonna-believe-this.html

      Delete
  5. I thought of you yesterday when I picked up a penny from the pavement of our local mall. Merry Christmas to the only pennyillionaire I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...technically, I'm not quite a pennyillionaire just yet. But I'm on the way! Merry Christmas to you, too.

      Delete
  6. Pennies to right of her,
    Pennies to left of her,
    Pennies in front of her
    Waiting and hidden
    Stormed at with shot and shell,
    Boldly she rode and well,
    Into the jaws of the BARn,
    Into the mouth of Hick
    Rode the (almost pennyillionaire) Val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worthy! Nor is Hick, for leading the charge of the light-switch brigade. I'm just a...let's see...a simple COLLECTOR.

      Penny, penny, shining bright,
      Pick it up Val, it’s your right.
      Hoard it in a goblet now.
      Antipennyites, have a cow!

      Delete