Sunday, June 28, 2015

One of These Days, the World Is Gonna Recognize Val's Brand

Val has been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. Not a woman. A woman practices butt-kicking all day long. Has perfected it, really. And is a multitasker. Nope. Val has been busier than a one-legged MAN in a butt-kicking contest. In fact, she has been a two-armed woman kicking her own butt in a writing-submitting contest. Or something like that.

In the past 30 days, I have sent off 7 submissions. Okay. So they're only to contests. Nothing that's going to gain me fame and fortune. But it's a start. A priming of Val's creative-juices pump. Funny how hard it is to write humor when your heart is breaking. I really haven't been all that into dancing with the one what brung me since February. But I'm making an effort. I've climbed back on the horse. I'm back in the saddle. Trying to round up Old Bossy and get back on the trail, rejoin the drive.

Perhaps one of these days, you will sink your teeth into a juicy, succulent story, and think: "This is so delicious, it must have been part of Val's herd."

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your creative writing juices and again flowing. I wish you success with these contests and look forward to seeing more of your work in print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I THINK that's creative juices that are flowing. You are so kind.

      Delete
  2. I KNOW you've got it in you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nothing like tooting my own horn to get folks to encourage me!

      Delete
  3. Val--I am STILL waiting for that book-signing of yours. In fact, I've been waiting so long, I suspect you've had a gala event of the highest book-signing magnitude and deliberately made sure I was not invited and not informed.

    Seven submissions in a month. That is impressive. That is more than I've done lately, and might even be in the category of you-know-who...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if I held my book-signing at the gas station chicken establishment? You, Madam, would not be allowed on the premises, after that stunt with a camera last summer. C'est la vie. More gas station chicken for me!

      Oh, come on! You know that you-know-who could do that many on the way from her bed to the kitchen every morning, while putting that "mental patient" as you call him, in his place.

      Delete
  4. Kee-riminie, gal, you've been writin' up a storm! And something tells me the judges of those contests are going to be overwhelmed by your talent, your humor, your butt-kickin' ability! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll thank you to keep a civil tongue in your head, sir! Val shall NOT be blamed for that recent spate of midwestern storms!

      Thank you for the well-wishes and vote of confidence. And for saying BUTT. Heh, heh.

      Delete