Hick went to the auction Monday night. It's been many months since he's been there. Nothing special was advertised for it. He just wanted to go. He sent me a couple of pictures of items he bought. You'll see them tomorrow. Today, you can share my shock at Hick's other purchase.
Hick got home around 8:30. He walked through the door holding something across his forearms. At first, I thought he must have gotten a gift from his Harem earlier in the day, while collecting rents. But no. It was something from the auction.
"What's that? Did your Harem give you treats?"
"No. It's a cake. I bought it at the auction. It was a fundraiser, so I gave them $25 for it. The guy who bought the thing ahead of me gave $100!"
A Mississippi Mud cake. My mom used to make them. Hers looked much better than this one, which appeared a bit anemic to me. Mom's was darker, with glossy icing, and a thick layer of marshmallow just under it, before the cake.
This cake had a really thick layer of icing, which looks as if it came right out of the plastic can. Not that there's anything wrong with that... Also, the marshmallow might have been marshmallow creme that melted out during cooking, because it's across the bottom of the pan. I could see a tiny sliver of white between the icing and cake, but it doesn't show in this picture.
The cake was H U G E !!! It's in an 11 x 15 inch glass baking dish! The innernets say such a dish serves 8-12 people. Hick is only ONE person!
This auction cake takes up almost the entire bottom shelf of FRIG II. You can see Little Debbie peeking up from the drawer below, on a box of Hick's snack cakes. Behind her is a glimpse of Hick's box of Mounjaro.
I'll leave it at that.




No comments:
Post a Comment