Saturday, July 31, 2021

COINS Are the New Easter Eggs

They lie in wait, the coins meant for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Baking in the sun, wallowing in convenience store floor filth. Waiting, waiting, to hitch a ride home in Val's pocket, to live in her ice cream dish goblet on the kitchen counter. Easy pickin's. Like an Easter egg hunt for toddlers, with the plastic eggs in plain sight, ready to be pounced on.

MONDAY, July 26, a penny screamed for attention as I left the liquor store clutching my scratchers.

 
Can't hide from Val. Not even trying to camouflage yourself in a yellow handicap stripe.

 
It was a heads-up 1973 penny, right in my path back to T-Hoe. I think I heard my finger sizzle as I picked it up. Very hot that day.
___________________________________________________________________

The pressure was off, already having a penny for the weekly Saturday CENTSus. But Even Steven had my back this week. THURSDAY, July 29, I discovered a bashful penny in the School-Turn Casey's.

 
Playing hard-to-get, this one was!

 
It was a face-down 2021 penny, getting sullied by the creeping crud on the tile floor. BUT WAIT! I stepped back to make sure I had a good path through the candy pegboard to stick my shoe in there and drag out my future fortune, and saw...

 
JACKPOT! A QUARTER, plus TWO MORE PENNIES!

 
It was a face-down 1999 quarter, the New Jersey coin, that shows Washington crossing the Delaware, I think. You'll have to take my word for it, or Google the New Jersey quarter to see a clearer picture.

 
The pennies were both heads-up. A 1998 and a 1987. Welcome to the Future Pennyillionaire family. You might be cheering, celebrating Val's stellar coin week, BUT WAIT! On my way back to T-Hoe, I again had a treat waiting for me...

 
It's almost as if those handicap stripes have a magnetic attraction for coins! Here's a dime!

 
It was a face-down 2018 shiny dime. My pants were nearly sagging off my ample rumpus with the day's coinage! Good to see silver again.
_____________________________________________________________________

That makes 6 COINS, and 39 CENTS, this week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
_____________________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 77, 78, 79, 80.
Dime         # 9.
Nickel       still at 4.
Quarter    # 5.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. That's a very clear photo of the dime. You'll have to start hassling Hick for a new goblet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Abe, standing on his head in the first picture, came out pretty clear, too. I'd like to take credit for my mad photography skillz, but I get what my cell phone decides to give me. Like that poor blurry quarter.

      It's never too early to start reminding Hick I will need a new penny goblet!

      Delete