Saturday, September 7, 2019

Outie and Innie, See Val Find the PENNY

Why, for two cents... I'd write a blog post!

TUESDAY, September 3, I stumbled upon my rightful penny nearly by accident. Thank goodness I didn't actually stumble! That's because, to remain sure-footed, I'm always looking at the ground. When I came out of the School-Turn Casey's after my scratcher quest, I discovered this little treat in the shadow of the car parked next to T-Hoe.


I'm sure it was there on the way in. The car was, for sure. This was a heads-up 1990. The penny. Don't know about the car.

__________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, September 5, I found one of the rarest coins of all, The Gas Station Chicken Store penny!


I hardly ever find a coin in The Gas Station Chicken Store, even though I'm in there every day. This was a 2017 face-down penny, not even by the register.


The clerk greeted me by asking how I was doing, as I walked in. I spied my rightful penny, and said, "Great! I just found a lucky penny!" He then inquired further, "You're taking a picture of it? Do you mind if I ask why?" Can you believe that cheeky fellow? I didn't mind, and explained my collection to him. He'll think twice before he asks ME anything again!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 93, 94.
Dime      still at 16.
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. He may not think twice. Instead he may start dropping the occasional penny and as you stoop to pick it up, he'll say "going to write this one on your blog?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told him everything except the blog! A Val has to keep SOME things secret, you know. I explained enough so he wouldn't be suspicious that I was going to get him fired for poor floor hygiene.

      Delete
  2. I have not found any mney for weeks, you are so lucky or observant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky. I'm always looking for them. I think my longest dry spell was 4 weeks.

      Delete