Saturday, September 28, 2019

Cleanliness Was Next To PENNY-less!

On MONDAY, September 23, Val dodged a bullet. By bullet, she means a mop. A gray-white, stringy, MOP mop, like from the olden days. Not some modern-day Swiffer Wet Jet with a disposable mopping pad. Nor a mop with a spongy end that can be squeezed of water with a slidy handle thingy.

There I was, in the Sis-Town Casey's, standing at the counter, when I spied a penny. I had to act fast! Bearing down on it, with ever-encroaching swabs, was an employee mopping the floor! I took a quick picture, then leaned over to snatch my rightful penny.


No time for a closeup! It was a 2017 penny, face down. I almost got a very clean hand for my trouble. You can't tell here, but in person, the darkened wet sections of floor were easy to see. In fact, there's a tiny puddle of mopwater in the row of tiles above the penny, and a bigger puddle in the row above that one. It was the stuff of nightmares, I tell you! I was sure my penny was going to be swept away by the stringy mop. SHEESH! That horror would never have happened in Orb K!

I was taking deep breaths to calm down as I left the store. But I gasped forthwith as I strode down the sidewalk towards T-Hoe.


That's just a shadow. No one was mopping outside. But somebody was dropping outside! I saw that penny right away. I took a step closer, and saw a DIME lurking in the sidewalk crack!


It was a heads-up 1995 penny, and a leaning, face-down, 2004 dime. Only one coin encounter this week, but it garnered me 12 CENTS for my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny     # 102, 103.
Dime      # 17.
Nickel    still at 8.
Quarter   still at 4.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. 12 cents in one outing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an efficient find for my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!

      Delete
  2. You should write a story about the travels of the coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might have a limited audience. Other Future Pennyillionaires, and crazy temple finger twirlers.

      Delete