Thursday, September 5, 2019

Hick's Stained Reputation

Let the record show that Hick has been doing a good job on staining the porch. He let it go for 21 years, but now it's gotta be done, by cracky!

His original plan was to use his sprayer. After all, he'd made an extra trip a while back to reclaim it from HOS's (Hick's Oldest Son's) clutches after Hick House became HOS House. Being Hick, he didn't take into consideration that the wind was blowing like a CAT 5 hurricane that day. I know, because it slammed the garage door onto my face while I was carrying in groceries while Hick sat on his scooter.

Anyhoo... Hick had decided while I was shopping that the sprayer was not the way to go. So he drove to his Storage Unit Store and brought home his scooter. He called it something else. Perhaps, "My stool." Which is something I should have used in his Thomas Jefferson comparison yesterday!

I complimented Hick on the progress of his staining. I must have been delirious from that door smacking my head. I am not a master stainer, but I supposed out loud that perhaps there was a better way to apply the stain than with the brush Hick was using.

 "Maybe a bigger brush would be more efficient? Or a roller."

"I was actually using my sprayer, but it wasted so much stain. It went everywhere! I drove to town to get my stool, so I could sit down and use a brush. I thought I had a bigger brush over in the BARn, but I couldn't find it. I didn't want to drive to town to buy one, so I used this one."

The stain makes a big difference. Just the power-washing made a big difference! Hick has done more of the porch by now, but I don't have pictures of it.

I'm not sure what he's painting with, either. I think a trip to town for a bigger brush would have taken less time than painting with that dainty thing. Hick's BBQ brush is wider than that!

8 comments:

  1. A roller is fast, but for protection and visually, I think you need a brush to get between the cracks (tee hee) to the sides of the planks. Too thick of a brush might also not work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there you go, making Hick seem like a logical thinker!

      Delete
  2. At least he isn't 'fed up' with the job halfway through and "accidentally" knocking over the can and spilling the contents so he can't continue, like a certain husband I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL the BBQ brush is bigger than his paint brush. Watch out, Hick might head indoors to paint the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He painted an "accent wall" once while I was gone all day. It's the color of chocolate ice cream. I like earth tones, but this isn't much of an accent.

      Delete