Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A Possible Ticket Price Reduction for Hick's Shackytown Amusement Park and Roadside Attraction

If it's not one thing, it's another. Monday afternoon, Hick sent me a picture. Rarely any description in the emails from him. This one said, "Look what I found going into the out house."

First of all, we don't have an outhouse for the house! No siree, Bob! So I knew that Hick was down at his creekside cabin, where he had added an outhouse and a little barn, and I think perhaps a schoolhouse is in the works. Anyhoo...I remember when he built that outhouse, because he made me come try it out, and I said it was too small, no elbow room. He might have made it bigger before securing the wooden walls made of materials he salvaged from shipping crates when he was employed.


Anyhoo...I sent him back a text.

"Heh, heh! If it was a snake, it coulda bit ya! Oh, wait..."

"It WAS a snake."

"I know. That was a joke. I forgot you were born without a funny bone."

"I know good I only use out house for rakes and shovel s" [Hick's own wording and punctuation in that line, make of it what you will]

"You could have run up here, screaming like a little girl, with a snake hanging off your butt. I MEAN...you could have DRIVEN THE GATOR up here, screaming like a little girl, with a snake hanging off your butt."

"Ha Ha"

When he came in for lunch (which he said was SUPPER) at 2:45, I asked what he did with the snake.

"I let it go in the outhouse."

"You let it go IN the outhouse?"

"Yeah. It's a black snake. It's not poisonous."

"I know that. But it still has a mouth and teeth. Probably pretty big, from the size of the snake."

"It won't hurt nothin'."

"Well...if anybody ever wants to use that outhouse, I think it's only fair that you tell them about the snake. He might have a nest in there, and a whole family."

"Okay."

Let the record show that if any attendees of Hick's Shackytown Amusement Park and Roadside Attraction is ever bitten on the butt by a snake in an outhouse...they will receive a refund of $5 off their ticket price. With proof of paid admission, of course. We're not running a charity here.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Seriously? You can't be that citified!

      An outhouse is a wooden outdoor toilet, built over a hole in the ground. Like a free-standing closet, sometimes with a crescent moon carved out of the door. Often tipped over by ne'er-do-well young'uns, or stolen and but in front of the school at Halloween.

      Delete
  2. (If) When I visit I'll be sure and use a restroom on the way and not eat or drink anything so I won't feel the need to go while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there goes our concession money on the food and drink! You're a good planner and saver.

      Delete
  3. Snakes & outhouses--two of my (non) favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! There might be a song on that topic. You could write it while you're not-being a governess to a rich navy captain's children, while he doesn't sing Edelweiss to you.

      Delete