Saturday, June 13, 2020

CO-INcidentally, The Universe Is Still Funding Val's Habit

SATURDAY, June 6, too late for that week's tally, I found a penny in the Gas Station Chicken Store. Right there on the mat, waiting for me, a little late due to my excursion seeking a new La-Z-Boy.


Look at that saucy little minx, reclining against the edge of the floor mat, enticing me to come hither.


So shiny and clean, a 2020, flashing its rumpus at me.
_____________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, June 8, I found a sweet treat at Orb K.


I missed it on the way in, but my roving peeper zeroed in before I reached the door on my way out.


Good thing picking up NICKELS isn't as popular as eating Artificially Flavored Strawberry Shortcake Rolls! I harvested that heads-up 2014 for my bumper crop of Future Pennyillionaire coins.
__________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, June 12, I was disappointed to see a white pickup truck hooked to a long flatbed trailer pull up in front of five parking spots at Orb K. My favorite spot and the two next to it were taken, then there were these five empty spaces where I COULD HAVE parked. But no. I had to go around the side of the store, to the very end parking spot next to the drive-thru road. Val was not a happy scratcher-seeker!

I dragged my worse knee in a pirate-y peg-leg gait, to the front door, behind the two young able-bodied men who got out of that white pickup truck as I rounded the sidewalk corner. It was 92 degrees outside, and about 91 inside. I was 6th in line.

Adding more insult to my self-perceived injury, I was directly behind one of the truckers. Do you know what he bought? One mini bottle of some kind of whiskey. The tiny airline-size bottle. I know it was whiskey because of its golden color. AND he also said, "You guys don't sell lottery, do you?" He had been standing RIGHT THERE beside the display. His left elbow could have poked it if he reached in his left pocket. He could have been perusing the goods while waiting. But then he looked them over carefully, and asked for two of the same kind:  a one-dollar ticket.

As I hobbled back outside after doing my business (a winner for The Pony, $15, nothing for me), I silently cursed those two space-blockers. Okay. My cursing might not have been so silent.

All at once, a glint caught my eye!


I guess I was MEANT to park way around there! Otherwise, I would not have found this penny!


It was a heads-up 1980 penny. Look how camouflaged it is! Val's eagle eye is always calibrated for almost-copper!

That's three coins this week, for a total of 7 cents towards my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
__________________________________________________________________

2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 62, 63.
Dime         still at 12.
Nickel       # 4.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Little Debbie has the best sweet stuff. Strawberry rolls are superb. I also like the little zebra cakes. Happy eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never met a Little Debbie I didn't like! The Swiss Rolls are my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Aha! I was right. Fate is bringing you to the pennies instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem that when my plans are altered, and I'm getting crabby... I often find a coin where I originally had no intent of going.

      Delete