Friday, March 27, 2020

A Fate Worse Than Being Exposed to a Closeup View of Val's Ample Rumpus

Simmer down now! Nobody is going to see Val's ample rumpus. Nor are you going to see the worse fate. We're talking hypotheticals here, people. A scenario for which you can thank HICK, of course.

Let the record show that Hick gets a shot on Fridays at 2:00. He drops by his doctor's nurse practitioner's office, gets the jab, and is out of there. He's been doing it for years, with a standing appointment. Now, just this week, only discovered yesterday, the procedure has changed!

"They're going to give me my shot on the parking lot! At 4:30. They aren't letting anybody in the office."

"WHAT? You have to pull down your pants and bend over ON THE PARKING LOT?"

"No. They said they'll give it in my arm. I don't like that. It hurts more."

"Are they just making YOU stay outside?"

"I don't think so. They just called and told me."

"Why the time change? Are they making you their last appointment?"

"I don't know. She said they could give it on the parking lot, or I could watch a video on how to have somebody else give it to me."

"Yeah. That's not happening. Not unless there's no other way around it. People go to years of training to get qualified for that. Unless you want to find some heroin addict."

If every medical office changes their procedures like this, it seems to me that in our area, at least, the possible needs of the few are going to wreak havoc with the day-to-day needs of the many. Some people need their office visits way worse than Hick. This is a small general practitioner. Not an urgent care, not a hospital.

Just sayin'. No need to enlighten me on big-city issues. I watch the news, and believe about half of it.

10 comments:

  1. If you gave him the shot, he might listen to you a bit more. You could play good shot/bad shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a qualified shooter. I have all my sciency anatomy background, and I still wouldn't do that, even to make him listen.

      Delete
  2. I had to give someone a shot in the rump once. Practiced on an orange first. Quick jab and no pain. I was more nervous than the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you can't leave your house! YOU could come give Hick his shot! You're experienced.

      Delete
  3. Good man! How many butts have you had shown to you when they get a shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're asking joeh! I've had more butts shown to me WITHOUT getting a shot, and I don't care to reminisce!

      Delete
  4. We have some doctors who are seeing patients in parking lots too, mostly people who call for an appointment and say they have symptoms. so the doctor doesn't want them in the waiting room infecting others. I'm not sure exactly how they are doing it, but I think it's at certain times and there are screened off areas and of course in parking lots there is more room for the 1.5 meter distancing that we are all asked to keep now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the local paper, people around here call the hospital if they have symptoms, and set a time to come in. The regular doctors don't have the tests, so no point in going to the office for that. Which should allow doctors to treat their regular patients as usual. They could limit the number of people in the waiting room at a time. Or have them wait in their car, and call them in one at a time.

      One of Hick's former co-workers was told he had to stop his series of four chemo treatments for cancer. Not at this doctor, but it doesn't seem quite fair to put that off indefinitely.

      Delete
  5. Kevin continues his chemo, but he is the only one allowed in the center. He first has to go into a tent set up to screen the patients entering the facility to have vital signs taken, then is issued a sticker to put on his shirt. You have to have a sticker on display before being allowed inside. I am more worried about him being infected than him carrying germs inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that Kevin can continue. Hick's old work buddy had to stop, but his other friend is just beginning hers. Maybe they go to different facilities.

      Delete