Saturday, May 4, 2019

A DesCENT Was Inevitable, I Suppose

Val is no longer on the top of her penny game. Oh, how the mighty has fallen. No more 30+ penny days for her! A single cent these days is cause for celebration.


Like this lone Lincoln that awaited me on WEDNESDAY, May 1. I might have treated it with more reverence, had I known at the time of finding that this would be my singular cent for the week.


It was a 1988, face down. Showing me its tail! Such a cheeky copper! Still, better than a shut-out.
____________________________________________________________________

Don't you worry about nearly-penny-less Val, though! She had other fish to fry this week.






































In case you missed it, the winner was this:


That's $200! But that's not all. Two days later, I bought THIS:






































It was JUST a $100 winner. Not that I'm complaining. That's almost a year of pennies.

##################################################################

"HO HO HOOOOOLD the presses!" shouts jolly old Even Steven, with his impeccable sense of humor and timing. "I have once again bestowed upon Val a last-minute coin while she's in town, with her Saturday CENTSus pre-set to publish."

 
It was a dime, (my word!) waiting for my hoard, in Orb K, looking up at me! [Heh, heh, a little song lyric theft from Val. Thanks, Eagles!] Actually, it was NOT looking up at me, because it was face down.


I don't know the year, because it's still in my shirt pocket upstairs. These last-minute finds tend to discombobulate me. I found this one at 12:50, with my post set to publish at 12:54. I might come back later to add the year. For record-keeping purposes. [1996]

I suppose this was Even Steven evening the dastardly trick he pulled LAST Saturday, when I spied a dime in Orb K, under the energy supplement racks, too far back for harvesting. That could be their new slogan. "Orb K: For all your energy supplement and floor-dime needs."
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 57.
Dime   # 8.
Nickel   still at 6.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. We went to the money eating storage unit to retrieve and sell an old bike and i spied in saw blade patters, 7, that's right 7 pennies. Normally I don't stoop for a penny, but SEVEN!! I grabbed them all and told Mrs. C it was a VALuable find. Also explained the pennies from loved ones theory to Mrs. C. I may have convinced her it is her Mom saying get rid of that money eating storage unit pit. She is talking about sorting through and tossing stuff. I think i may sprinkle more pennies outside the unit before we go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where my pennies have been! I guess you needed a message more than I did. No fair seeding the area with pennies, even to trick Mrs. C!

      Delete
  2. That dime makes up for 9 of the missing pennies :)
    I wonder if people are being more careful with their small change now with world economies being in dire straits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I find more pennies in the first half of the month, when people (like us old folks) get their money, as compared to the last half of the month, when they might be more careful with EVERY CENT.

      Delete
  3. I found .60 cents while I was gone to southern Idaho. two quarters and a dime. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete