Tuesday, October 4, 2022

I Fear That Hick May Be Wearing Out His Welcome Before He Even Moves In

Hick went down to the SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) on Sunday afternoon. He came home complaining. That's what he gets for going down there before his shop is officially established!

"There's gonna be some changes when I get down there. The lady in the unit next to me has her stuff set up all over! Between the units, and in front of mine! That's not gonna happen. AND the guy across the way is parking over on my side!"

"Why wouldn't they? Nobody is set up and selling in your unit. That's empty space. You'd do the same thing if you had that option. They don't know who you are. Your unit isn't open. So they're taking advantage of the extra space. I'm sure when you show up and start selling, they won't do that. They'll probably be mad because they're losing the space. But they have to know you're entitled to half the space between the units, and the area in front of yours."

"They'd better! Or we're gonna have problems!"

"You can't go in there bossing them around. Just say, 'Hey guys, I'm opening up, and I need to use my space.' I'm sure they'll be reasonable."

"They better be. Everybody up at my unit now likes me being there, because I bring in so much traffic. The guys come to buy my stuff, but their wives walk all around, buying other people's stuff."

"I'm sure they'll all learn to love you. IF you don't start out by bossing them around."

I might need to add that Hick should ignore any bicycles he sees leaned up against a unit!

6 comments:

  1. Hick will have to make some changes, which are darn hard for a man. My man is still recovering from Covid results, and other stuff. You have to stand your ground. Tell me how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick thinks the world revolves around him even when he's not there! I can't believe he thought they were leaving those spaces empty when he wasn't there to see that flea market in progress.

      I hope your man is a more compliant patient than Hick! Who thinks a serving spoon is a tablespoon, and sets an alarm to wake up and take cough medicine because it says "every 4-6 hours as needed."

      Delete
  2. I hope he listens to you, he won't make friends by acting bullish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick rarely listens to me, but surely he will learn to be civil to his "neighbors," lest they form a mob with pitchforks and flaming torches to drive him away.

      Delete
  3. Hick will stand his ground once he gets established. And we all know there is nothing worse than a man cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick already made a friend of a guy in a nearby unit, who came to say that he heard Hick would be selling ammunition, and he needs some. With deer season coming up, that will be a big drawing point.

      A man with a cold is more demanding than a cranky toddler!

      Delete