Friday, September 11, 2020

Hick: Storage Unit Magnate, Easy-Money Magnet

I'm surprised people don't just throw money at Hick all willy-nilly as he walks down the street. Or drives along in SilverRedO, kind of like a reverse parade, rather than Hick tossing candy to the crowd lining the parade route.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fairly lucky person. The untaxed remains of my $8,600 slot win, cooling its bills in (one of) our safe(s), would agree. So this is not a case of Val harvesting sour grapes to fling at Hick, and have them rain down on his money-magnet parade.

Hick seems to make money without any investment of money, time, or effort!

Back Creek Neighbor Bev sent him a text while he was at his Storage Unit Store. She said, "I'm giving you my dining room table and chairs. I need it out of here. Come get it as soon as you can. I need it out of the way."

Never mind that Hick wasn't sure he wanted Bev's dining room set. He told me,

"I don't know. There's no room for it at my Store. I don't really have room for it over in the Freight Container Garage. I could put it on Buy/Sell/Trade, I guess. But they go for hardly nothin'."

Well. Hick mentioned it to one of his Storage Unit buddies, who said HE would like to have it. Hick said he could have it for $50, and he needed to go get it. Hick said the buddy could follow him, and he's show the way, and introduce him to Bev. She's kind of unwelcoming to anybody but Hick coming in her house or on her property.

They went on Sunday, after closing up their Units. Don't you worry about them disturbing Bev's sabbath. She's a 7th Day Adventist. Sunday is just another workday for her.

Anyhoo... Hick and The Buddy went inside. That's when The Buddy almost got Hick in trouble. He asked Bev, "So is now when I pay you the fifty dollars?"

Hick said, "Oh, no. You don't owe her anything!" When they got outside, he collected his $50 from The Buddy. Who has a bigger Unit than Hick, heh, heh, and will display the dining room set this weekend.

So Hick made $50, without any effort, by driving a mile past our house to show The Buddy 'his' table.

12 comments:

  1. 'Course Hick may have ruined his hopes for further donations from Back Creek Neighbor Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. Hick is like her own personal trash collector. She's always wanting to get rid of something. Bev was probably in such a hurry to get The Buddy out of her house, she glossed right over that payment offer.

      Delete
  2. Hick is a wheeeler dealer who knows how to turn a profit. MAybe I have some trash he can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those kinds of deals to make money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get much easier than that! Free stuff you barely have to touch, which pretty much sells itself.

      Delete
  4. Boy! He almost blew it! Next time Hick should get the whatever before selling it to his buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be too much like working to earn his money!

      Delete
  5. Sweet deal. I assume Bev is not hurting for money or from what I know of Hick, he would have given her a most of the $50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev is financially stable. In fact, Hick sometimes has to argue to save her money on items he buys to build her various projects. She'll ask for one thing, when an alternative will do. A lesser handyman than Hick might switch without asking, and pocket the difference, but that's not his style.

      Delete
    2. Clearly he should not go into politics.

      Delete
    3. Heh, heh! For more reasons than that! Hick is not always in control of what comes out of his mouth.

      Delete