Saturday, January 15, 2022

A PENNY Quintet For Val

A sweet week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!

SUNDAY, January 9, I stopped by the Backroads Casey's for scratchers. I haven't been in there much lately, because their parking is tight, they've been busy, and the upper part of their lot was blocked off for some kind of concrete or gas tank work. Looks like I picked the right day to show up.

 
A little friend was waiting for me under the store-brand chips at the counter.

 
It was a heads-up 2019 shiny penny. I wasted no time in nabbing that fellow.
 
Back out in the suspiciously empty parking lot, I noticed a treat I had missed on the way in!
 
 
There it is, by the leaf! In the background, on the left, down by the stoplight, you can see the parking lot of the Liquor Store where that red car is. Just so you know the landmarks.

 
This was a heads-up 2013 corroded penny, believe it or not. It took a little scrubbing to find the date. 
____________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY, January 12, I was back at that very Liquor Store for more scratchers, and let a man go ahead of me in line. That's because I saw a treat on the rug, and didn't want to ample-rumpus that poor fellow while picking it up. I was betting that he wouldn't want it, and he did not.

 
I got the picture as an addled gal wandered out of frame. She said she was feeling no pain, and the cashier replied, "Good thing you told your work not to call you in!"

 
This was a face-down 1981 penny. 
______________________________________________________________________
 
THURSDAY, January 13, I was over in Sis-Town on my errand day. In the Casey's, I found a penny waiting between the two registers.
 
 
Woe were the customers who kept their heads up and missed this jewel!

 
It was a heads-up 1990 well-worn version of Abe Lincoln.

Back outside to pump the gas I pre-paid for, I discovered a penny I had missed on my way in! 
 
 
I must have trod right over it, unless the guy pumping on the other side had a hole in his pocket, and donated that penny unknowingly while I was inside.

 
This was a face-down 1980 cent, placed almost as if I was MEANT to find it!
________________________________________________________________________

That's 5 COINS this week, for 5 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
______________________________________________________
 
2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny        # 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Dime             0
Nickel           0
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. You are raking in the dough, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a container to hold the 2022 portion of my Pennyillionaire Fortune! Hick has been told more than once...

      Delete
  2. Okay long time reader first time commenter. I find myself looking at the ground any time I go out. Have not found a thing yet but I am a convert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day you will be rewarded! Hopefully that day will bring you multiples.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I feel blind while driving, but I can spot a penny!

      Delete
  4. That one heads up Lincoln looks like it was Lincoln after the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pickin' up what you're laying down! Those pinkish spots are disturbing.

      Delete