Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All Revved Up and No Place to Write

I have a backlog of ideas duking it out to appear in this space. "Oh, really?" you say, raising one eyebrow and furtively making the spiral crazy gesture with your finger near your ear when my attention wanders. "Then why do you keep showing us this...um...breathtaking material every night?"

Well, collective smarty-pantses, I simply don't have the means to get it ready when time permits. I have been gallivanting around Backroads attending parades, concerts, academic awards nights, insurance meetings, faculty meetings, drug store wild goose chases, Missouri 100 banquets, possible fraudulent lawsuit scams at Walmart, and, well, even though there's dead time for writing, the environment is not conducive.

I have jotted a plethora of notes, practically salivating at the thought of the finished product. I'll get to them one of these days. Maybe tomorrow. At least on the weekend.

I mean it.

5 comments:

  1. I work with a teacher who has two breathtaking children. Those two little "lookers" make me suck my breath in--sharply, with my eyes bugged out--every time I see them. If the teacher wasn't such a petty, condescending, white-bread woman, I wouldn't be snarky...about that.

    Of course, about everything else, I am always snarky. It's my nature...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a list of ideas to write about should I suddenly go blank. I'm sure I'll resort to using it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been one busy woman! I went to an awards night this evening. It was a long, happy event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly you wore me out reading about your escapades. Take a break, will ya? Kick up your legs and don't be surprised when the footfalls happen in the basement. There is no rest for the weary in a haunted house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. COMMENT ANSWERS: THE SEINFELD EDITION

    Sioux,
    Well, Madam, perhaps you could take those young breathtakers to France as part of the Big Sister organization. Hopefully you won't send them an inappropriate Christmas card revealing too much. Or join their dojo and dole out karate beat-downs in order to become champion.

    *****
    Stephen,
    I trust that it is NOT as illegible as somebody's wife's grocery list, or "Flaming Orbs of Sigumund" scribbled after a dream.

    *****
    Donna,
    I hope it was as enjoyable as watching a piano recital with a Tweety Bird Pez dispenser on your knee.

    *****
    Linda,
    Those footfalls don't scare me half as much as walking through the park with The Lopper on the loose. Or trying to sleep in the red glow of a Kenny Rogers Roaster's sign and seeing the shadow of a ventriloquist dummy run across the room. "Mr. Marbles?"

    ReplyDelete