Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pillow Luminescence

Said Ms Val to the readers of her blog
Do you see that I see?
Way up near the top of my blog?
A pillow, a pillow, glowing in the night,
While a Pony beams with delight.

While a Pony beams with delight.


I had no idea this gift would please The Pony so much. It's a square, white, silky pillow that lights up when you squeeze it, and goes through several color changes. The neon green is the prettiest, but purple is good, too. It is officially called a BrightLight Pillow.

Upon unwrapping this item, and taking it out of the box, before any batteries were even installed, The Pony shouted with pride, "I'm taking THIS gift to Grandma's!" That's a yearly thing. Each boy takes along a present which especially pleased him.

The Pony has always been a tactile fellow. Squeezing and poking and touching and stroking. He petted that pretty pillow all the way to and from his grandma's house. He also received a Bug Out Bob thingie whose eyeballs pop out when you squeeze it, and a stress cupcake.

Despite his penchant for feeling objects, The Pony is not half the manipulator as his brother, Genius.

5 comments:

  1. I.Need.That. I love being over stimulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you have managed to please your child so thoroughly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow would scare the crap out of me at night. I'd swear a ghost was in my bed. Hope your holiday was a great one. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have grandchildren who would love that. Especially the slippery, satiny part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs.,
    It changes! Goes from one color to the next. It's mesmerizing. If you tap it, the light shuts off. Tap again, and it's back on.

    *************
    Kathy,
    The pillow was not the gift I expected to be a hit. The Pony has simple tastes. Unlike Genius and his top of the line cameras.

    *************
    Linda,
    The ghost is in our house, not your bed. I heard it clearly, walking between the boys' rooms, between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m., when I was downstairs wrapping presents Christmas Eve. Both boys swore they were sleeping at that time.

    *************
    Joanne,
    The texture is enticing. But the light show makes it stand out. The picture does not do it justice, being taken in the darkness of the Tahoe's back seat.

    ReplyDelete