Friday, August 14, 2026

Another Photographer, Another View

Here's another view of the front of Lap House. The Pony took this one, as we drove down the block on Errand Day. I parked across the street by the elderlies apartment building, and The Pony took it out my window.


I am just loving the look of this! Hick says he will probably paint the wooden support posts black. He's not sure of the color, but he won't leave them as bare wood.

I don't know what kind of tree that is on the left, but it has pink flowers on it! Anyhoo... I just wanted to show this view of Lap House, because it never occurs to Hick that he can walk across the street, rather than down to the corner stop sign to get a full picture.

Again, here's a reminder of the "before" shape of Lap House when we bought it:


That tall pipe is gone. Might have been a flue of some kind, for gas heat. And the mailbox hanging on the rail. I'm not sure what Hick will do about that old TV antenna behind the tree. And the roof has been re-shingled.

To me, it looks like a different house!

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The house looks really nice. I have a feeling it won't be hard to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on the inside, once Hick gets started on it!

      Delete
  2. The 'after' photo could almost be part of a Realtor listing, but from that angle the gray steps really distract from the black foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gray steps make sense in the previous day's photo by Hick, because you can see how they match the gray porch. At least a realtor shows multiple angles of the exterior.

      Delete
  3. It does look so much better. I suggest leaving that TV antenna for whoever buys the house, it might be very handy if they don't have or need a dish or satellite connection. The tree looks like it might be a fruit tree, apples or plums maybe. Can you get a closer look at the leaves? Have The Pony trot closer, real close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the antenna. Many years ago, we wished we had one. I'll try to get a better picture of the tree. The Pony is taking a short trip, so it might be another week before I can book my official photographer, heh, heh.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely difference! I noticed the wood posts and agree that they should be painted. Black or white would work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide which I'd prefer. White would brighten up the porch, but black would be more matchy.

      Delete